I think we can all agree, fall fashion is always amazing. The weather permits multiple layers and numerous accessory options. But how to decide on whats trending? The NYFW styles are innovative and beautiful, but unreasonable for everyday wear (and your pocketbook). To make it all easier for us non-celeb folk, I have found five basic trends, with affordable options, for our 2016 fall wardrobe. I tried to stick with a pink/neutral taupe theme, since those colors are in!
1. Velvet – I cannot get enough. From your hat to your heels, anything can be made of velvet. Here are a few affordable finds:
2. Capelet Coats – weird name, weird concept, awesome results. Before you immediately write these off, check out my finds:
3. Metallics – On the runway these are a bit extreme and don’t make sense if you’re going to work or lunch, but toned down the right metallics add the right pop to any outfit. Keep in mind, let’s not go overboard on the shiny stuff.
4. Statement Fur – Functional and fashionable? Yes please!
5. Athleisure – I saved the best for last. Beauty is far from pain in these clothes. Plus, they’re super functional and mix-and-matching is a breeze.